11.21.2007

Bit Of An Intro

Have to admit I am a bit nervous writing this, not sure why cause I am not normally a shy guy. Just ask some of Michelle's friends. Most of you reading this will know me as Michelle's Dad. For those who don't, well, I am Michelle's Dad. ") First of all I need just to tell you how proud I have always been of Michelle. She has always and will always be my "li'l girl." What she is doing now though with her Marathon and her raising awareness of Tinnitus touches me in a way even she will never truly understand. She's quite the kid that's for sure. Take that to the bank! As Michelle has told you I suffer from Tinnitus. 12 years this past Halloween in fact. Is one date I will never forget. In future postings I will try my best to describe what life for me is like dealing with Tinnitus. For now I can tell you one thing. I now refer to myself as a "used to" person. By that I mean I used to enjoy so many things in life but Tinnitus robbed me of those. There's a saying among those of us who suffer from this nightmare which may sound a bit morbid but it's true. "The good thing about Tinnitus is, it won't kill you, the bad thing about Tinnitus is, it won't kill you." Like I said, will try my best to describe life as a "T" sufferer. Also ready to answer questions if you have any. Be back real soon. Take care everyone! Korrie

No comments: