12.18.2007

public service message

[This post is definitely off topic - maybe even off colour. But consider it a public service message. There are some crazy people out there, shopping right now. On your guard!!]


Dear Christmas Shopper, Standing Behind Me in the Check Out Line at the Local Department Store;

Would it be okay with you if I paid for my purchase, had it bagged and presented to me by the cashier and perhaps even received my CHANGE and RECEIPT, before you RAM your SHOPPING CART into my HIP, in an effort to get your purchase on the counter??

Like, WHAT is it that you think will happen if you don't get your stuff on this counter ASAP?

I can tell by the crazed look in your glassy eyes that if your transaction isn't completed within the next 30 seconds, something catastrophic is going to occur. I can't imagine what it will be though. Your bag of Doritos is going to EXPLODE?? Your Hanes Her Way Granny Briefs are going to unravel, leaving you with nothing but two (very large) panels of purple fabric?

Let's try this. I'll pay for my stuff, and be on my way. Then, YOU can pay for YOUR stuff.

Seasons Greetings,

Michelle




No comments: