12.11.2007

can you hear that?

I've been reading alot of articles on the internet about Tinnitus. While I have found most to be fairly informative, I've struggled with finding ways to present the information here, on this blog. My intent isn't to fill these pages with medical facts, evidence and statistics. It wouldn't exactly be an easy read, especially if you're not familiar with the material being presented. And let's be honest - none of us (with the exception of tinnitus patients) are experts on the subject.

So, I turned to You Tube for information on tinnitus. You Tube hasn't always been my first choice for visually stimulating material, but I was interested to see what would turn up.

Here, I was surprised to have generated several results, when I typed the word 'tinnitus' into their search engine. Here, I was also appalled at some of the stupidity and ignorance of the people who posted videos and comments regarding this condition. But, there were a handful of helpful and informative videos, like the one I've posted here. I like the theme in this video, and I think the image it creates is one that most of us will relate to.



Dude with the white collar reminds me a bit of Andrew Ridgley from WHAM!. Remember him? George Michael's sidekick? He gets on my nerves a bit in this video, but I'm willing to overlook that small nuisance in the name of getting the message out there.

No comments: